A personal commentary and editorial on news, events, social media, and just about anything else. Occasionally I will rant about something. I strive to argue and make my points with facts. I am not politically correct as it is a term connected with Marxist ideology.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Life's Purpose

I wasn't planning on writing a blog entry tonight. But my friend and former coworker published a new entry in her blog: heidiannehood about Life Purpose. She invited the readers of her blog to answer the following questions:

  1. Do you think you have a Purpose… a Unique Purpose?
  2. What do you think it is?
  3. Did you do anything special to figure out the Purpose, or is it something that you have just known all your life?
  4. What do you do to fulfill your Purpose?
  5. Do have doubts and insecurities regarding your Purpose?
  6. Do you think I am completely mad and there is absolutely nothing to the idea of Unique Purpose. We are here to exist, the end.
Here are my responses to her questions: 

1. I believe a do have a unique purpose! The problem is it is like a jigsaw puzzle to me. I can see part of my purpose, but some of the pieces are still missing. I have found that my purpose or calling is being slowly revealed through the course of my life. I suspect other individuals have a unique purpose too. In John Irving's novel, A Prayer for Owen Meany, Owen Meany firmly believes that his life is leading up to a critical pivotal moment where he realizes his purpose. He knows it involves being tossed up in the air by his best friend, Johnny Wheelwright. He does not know for what reason that is, but is certain his purpose will be revealed at the right time. That is the best way I can describe it. 
2. Fortunately, some of the pieces of my purpose in place already! I know my purpose involves people: comforting them, and helping them to learn and to grow. I also know deep down, when I am at my best, I seek Truth. I seem to always dig below the surface searching for philosophical truth and wisdom. Over the years, my connections with people have gone beyond the United States and I am now communicating with people all over the globe. 
3. I spend some time each day in the morning reading scripture, playing the guitar and reading devotionals. I like to wander away in nature and spend time just watching and listening. Lots of people come and go in my life and I feel like each one teaches me something. I hope I do the same for them. As far as the second part of the question about knowing something about my purpose, I would say no. I was a bit of a mess growing up. 
4. I connect with people and listen to people. I pray. I read scripture. I listen to music. I pay attention to nature and animals. 
5. I used to but not anymore. The is a mysterious large phenomenon in space called the Great Attractor. Astronomers do not fully understand it, but it is pulling the Milky Way Galaxy and many other galaxies too it. My life has a Great Attractor. That is God to me and his Son Jesus Christ. I am being lead somewhere. I know that much. 
6. No, you are not mad. Would I be answering these questions if I thought you were. 


No comments:

Post a Comment