A personal commentary and editorial on news, events, social media, and just about anything else. Occasionally I will rant about something. I strive to argue and make my points with facts. I am not politically correct as it is a term connected with Marxist ideology.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Melee with an Athiest

One of the things I really enjoy doing during my relaxation time is watching YouTube videos. Over the years, I have created quite a list of favorite channels of video bloggers called Vlogs and other channels that offer some interesting takes on a variety of subjects I like.

Saturday, I saw a video made by a very thoughtful Christian blogger where he talked about getting in debates and arguments with atheists on YouTube and other online social platforms. I watched the video and thought he had some interesting thoughts on the subject.

Over the years in my own faith journey, I have engaged in debates with atheists online. I normally don't seek heated debates out, but such encounters are like sparring matches that keep me learning and growing in my faith.

Anyway, after watching the video, I posted a comment in the comment section of the video basically sharing my own thoughts with the Vlogger.

Here is my comment: Well said. I have found many of those that vehemently reject the concept of God are actually very close to believing.

It wasn't long before a atheist decided to call me out. For me it was game on: Here is the exchange:

Atheist: "So you live in Cloud Cuckoo Land then? tell me, whats the weather like in your little make believe world."

My Response: "You tell me. Better check again to verify who is living in such a world."

Athiest: "You say you can read the minds of other people? You say many of us atheists that vehemently reject the concept of God are actually very close to believing.
The only way to know that is if you could actually read their minds.
So you can come back to me and say you can read other peoples minds and show yourself up as a fool.
Or you can admit that you can't read other peoples minds and also show yourself up as a fool by stating that you could.

Can't wait to find out which one you choose?"
My Response:

I reject your premise that the only way one would be able to draw a conclusion about the tendencies of any persons or groups is for one to be able to read minds. It is a false dichotomy you are presenting and I reject it. One can draw a general conclusion by observing behavior of people and also by reading the words that people write and by listening to the words that people say. I never asserted I could read the minds of other people. The conclusions I draw are based upon gathering readily available information about individuals who self identify with a group of people-  (atheists openly hostile to theism) and encountering a number of examples where a conversion occurs with some of these individuals. It is a general personal sociological inference I stated: nothing more.  You are certainly free to disagree with my assertion. 

There you have it. Crickets sounds so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment